Monday, September 26, 2011

Unexpected week of fun!

After a weekend of hanging out with friends i was ready to do a hike and get back to work. Things changed a little. Last Monday I woke early to hike The Grand Canyon with my buddy Lynn. We went 2 hours down to Phantom Ranch and the Colorado River. An hour lunch while soaking the feet in the cool Angel Creek. Then a 5 hour hike out. An excellent, fast, tough, 17 miles on Monday. Not bad for no prep hikes. Lynn was an animal and could have ran if I wasn't with him. After driving home Monday night and sleeping great all night, I woke up, unable to walk like a normal human. My calves were KILLING! I was not able to return to work Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday due to this ailment. By Friday I had done enough Yoga and other stretching to move like normal so I went to Holly's boot camp with her and had no issues.
My other buddy Nick wanted to go cat fishing. So we loaded the kayak on "The Super Pickle", packed some other gear and headed out to Canyon Lake where we spent the night fishing. Nick hauled in 4 nice cats, with the biggest being 23 inches.
A great week all in all!





N8 from iPhone

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Where are you in AZ. We are passing through.

Http://www.discovershareinspire.com

N8 said...

Hey Rachel were in Queen Creek (PHX Metro area). We got a tip that you were going to be around Snowflake area Friday and thought we would drop in and meet you all as we pass through on our way to the Hot Air Balloon festival in NM this weekend! We hope to see ya soon!